Reserving your Home
NOTE: Cully Grove is sold out! Please contact us if you’d like to be added to our interest list should a unit become available.
Here’s a step-by-step description of how to reserve your new home at Cully Grove:
(1) Attend an Open House and/or Meet & Greet to tour the site, ask questions, meet future neighbors, and make an informed decision about whether Cully Grove is a good match (times and dates posted to the right).
(2) Check our website for unit availability, design, and amenities/features. Or contact Eli (503.422.2607) to stop by the jobsite trailer/office and review hard copies of the drawings if that works best for you.
(3) Read through the Disclosure Statement, which contains an overview of the legal structure of the project, a copy of the HOA budget, and other important information. You can also review the Declaration (Draft), Bylaws (Draft), and Plat map (Draft), which will become the governing documents of the Home Owners Association once the project is complete. Ask more questions!
(3) If all looks good, it’s time to sign up for a unit. The paperwork involved is a little intimidating, so we’ll work together to fill out and sign the following documents:
- Unit Sale Agreement. This includes all the purchase and sale details, including earnest money, escrow arrangements, specifications, and required disclosures. There’s also a place-holder page for Exhibit A, the Escrow Agreement, which has been approved separately by the State of Oregon and will be inserted by the title company.
- Options/Upgrades Addendum. Select your heating system, parking space, and other buyer options. Most cost more money, but there are also some money-savers in the mix. If you have an Option/Upgrade in mind that’s not on the list, let us know and we’ll see what we can do.
- Receipt for Disclosure Statement
- Receipt for Declaration and Bylaws
- Prepare a check for $10,000 in earnest money, made out to Fidelity National Title
(4) We’ll place all the paperwork listed above into escrow. Then, you’ll have 10 days to get a pre-approval letter from a lender demonstrating your financial capacity to buy the home you just reserved. We’ll need a copy of this letter to share with our construction lender. Our preferred lender is Giles Rebholz, although you’re welcome to work with whomever you like. Giles’ contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org, (360) 901-4918.
(5) We broke ground in May 2012 and anticipate construction completion by June 2013. Buyers will close their individual mortgage loans once home construction is complete.