Cully Grove is a co-operatively governed community where a multi-generational group of friends lives simply, and where design, decision-making and day-to-day actions reflect shared values.
We commit to:
- Respect and care for other people and the earth.
- Appreciate the value each person brings to the community.
- Cooperate in decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Respect privacy, individual choice and diversity of opinion.
- Encourage personal and community growth and service.
- Connect to the larger community of neighborhood, city and region.
To foster these values, we will:
- Support one another in simplifying our lives, so we can focus on what we value most and consume fewer resources.
- Participate in nurturing and mentoring children, helping them become active members of the community.
- Encourage spontaneous fun and establish traditions that create a sense of place and community.
- Share materials, knowledge and skills, to benefit one another and the community.
- Create opportunities to learn from and with one another.
- Ensure residents’ privacy and autonomy in their homes and yards.
- Share equitably in maintaining and managing common buildings and grounds.
- Ensure that our processes of governance leave ample time for members to engage with family and friends, and in broader civic life.
- Welcome visits from others interested in learning from our experience.